Sunday 9 June 2013

A bit of an update

I’ve just come back from a week in Yorkshire where I managed to tick off another nine climbs. The weather and scenery was amazing and the roads largely steep. Nine climbs in the space of a week means that I have a terrifying amount of video editing to plough through (it takes time to produce poor quality videos) but hopefully the first couple of climbs will be up on the blog by the end of the week.

 
I've just spent a week looking at views like this so despite the hard work involved I'm not complaining

Over the course of the last week I took on the following climbs in between large pub lunches:

Malham Cove - very picturesque and steep

Langcliffe Scar - quite picturesque and steep with some amazing hairpin bends

Jubilee Tower - great views from the top, long slog to get to them. The tower itself was a bit of a disappointment

Trough of Bowland - Lovely little climb and by far the easiest of the week

Cross of Greet - a pretty stunning ride up through a valley and at the speed I was moving there was plenty of time to take in the view

Norwood Edge - I got lost finding it and then lost my mojo on the way up

Park Rash - Nuts to look at but manageable to ride, just

Greenhow Hill - A bit of a slog and I struggled with the heat

Halifax Lane - strangely not the hardest hill leading out of the village of Luddenden. I managed to find one that even my car struggled with.

Right, that’s all for now. I need to go and swear loudly and continuously at some video editing software.

No comments:

Post a Comment