Tuesday 13 November 2012

Weston Hill - The Video

I've finally managed to get round to editing and uploading the footage from this climb. Not much to say over what I have already written about it really. Weston Hill should have been a straight forward and relatively easy climb. What I hadn't factored in was that I didn't have the right mindset on the day and without the correct focus I got my pacing wrong and the hill became a struggle.



When taking on the 100 climbs there are a lot of factors to consider. These include finding the climbs (not always as easy as it should be), finding somewhere to park, getting the bike put together, warming up and, in my case at least, sorting out stuff like cameras. Sometimes taking care of that lot (which can come after several hours in a car) means it is easy for you to forget that the reason you are parked in a windswept layby in the middle of nowhere swearing at a stiff wheel quick release is to ride up a hill. I will need to make sure in future that I spend a bit more time making sure I'm properly focussed on the task at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment